Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Project 06


  1. This page uses complimentary colors (orange and blue).  These are the colors I see when I get up for class in the morning.  The picture is of my window and bed in my room.
  2. For this page I used a monochromatic theme.  I only used blue because in the morning around 9am when I go to class in the urbn center, the sky is clear and blue on a nice day.
  3. I chose to use primary colors for this composition.  The subject is my notebook, desk, and my feet below the desk. 
  4. For the center composition I used optical mixes.  This is a booth in the Hans dining center, around noon.  I used dull colors in the background, then yellow and oranges for the booth and table.  Yellow and oranges are used because the sun is coing down through the glass above.  The colors I used for the optical mixes are violet and yellow, and red-orange and blue-green, so I also used a tetrad.
  5. This piece is of a painting I made, watercolor pencils, and a cup of water with paint brushes in it.  I chose to go with the theme dullness and color, using dull and less saturated colors on the unimportant pieces.  I used yellow but made it dull because it is getting into the later afternoon.
  6. For this piece I took a photo of my laptop, my tablet, and my tablet pen.  I used analogous colors, and used the colors of a sunset, because it is evening.
  7. The last piece is of a computer lab in the urbn center.  It is night time so I made all of the colors dark, but used yellow for the computers because they are powered on and the screens are bright.  The concept is contrast.

2 comments:

  1. A1: I really like the first page. Although I didn't really recognized the location at first, the color composition really sticks out to me.

    A2: The picture of the computer lab in the urbn center is a little hard to recognize. The color of the rest of the room is kind of dark to see all the details you put in.

    A3: I can see how the pages flow of the book from page 3 to the end. But I don't really see how the first two pages are related.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon,
    -The most visually striking piece for me has to be your first composition. I absolutely love the colors you chose for the sunrise, and the gradient works especially well for the shadows cast onto the furniture. It's an overall very pretty image and provides a very serene, tranquil feeling.
    -The least visually striking piece for me is the image using an analogous color palette with the laptop and tablet. While I still do enjoy the piece, the subdued colors make it stand out a little less than the other ones.
    -The project overall has good continuity. I feel like you accurately capture the colors of the day, from sunrise to sunset, throughout your compositions. Overall a very calm, peaceful vibe.

    ReplyDelete